DOTS DemographicsSM by Service Objects is a real-time web service API that provides in-depth regional data at the ZIP code level. Companies can gain greater insight into targeted areas with eight times more detailed data than city-only demographics. Our proprietary databases are updated regularly with the most recent information from the US Census Bureau and other nationally recognized data sources. DOTS Demographics provides comprehensive and accurate demographic information at the ZIP code level to help companies identify, understand and market to their customers and prospects. Service Objects has over ten years experience aggregating, integrating and distributing demographics research. With more than three billion records, we have compiled one of the largest online databases in the industry.
Service Objects offers comprehensive tools to assist in your integration and deployment of DOTS Demographics.
- Developer Guide (Roadmap for integration, operations and input/outputs)
- Service Path (Test operations for this API)
- XML WSDL (Description of data types, details, interface, location and protocol)
- Sample Batch Trial (Upload a sample batch to test)
Download DOTS Demographics Sample Code, and get instant access to code that illustrates how to integrate the API calls in a variety of programming languages.
(View all sample code for this product)
Example of the sample request URL/HTTP parameters:
Demographics By ZIP Code Features
- Real-time API service
- More than two million points of information for over 40,000 ZIP codes derived from more than 400,000 distinct geographically-bounded areas in the US
- Covers neighborhood, crime, demographic, lifestyle, risk hazard and school data
- Appends contact information with over 60 data points (including distribution of age, income and education) parsed into simple XML elements
- Returns newest data sets from the US Census Bureau 2010 census and other proprietary databases
- Response time as fast as 0.3 seconds
- Updated quarterly
Benefits of ZIP Code Demographics DataDOTS Demographics API provides detailed demographic data by ZIP code, allowing you to quickly uncover financial, lifestyle, weather, crime rate data, and other demographic data associated with a given ZIP code. Simply enter the ZIP code into the demographics API and explore local area profiles. ZIP code demographics allow you to identify marketing opportunities based on income, gender, population, and age data points as well as identify local geographic areas with the right type of prospects in the greatest numbers. By retrieving demographic data by ZIP code, you can target your marketing efforts and tailor products to take advantages of the local marketplace.
We've made it easy for you by presenting our most popular packages. You may change your package settings at any time. If none of these packages meet your needs, or you would like to package multiple services, please contact us for a custom quote.
*A one-time activation fee applies on month-to-month agreements. No activation fee for one-year prepaid agreements. Payment due upon account activation.