DOTS Demographics PlusSM by Service Objects is a real-time web service API that provides precise demographic data about a targeted area down to the block level. Service Objects proprietary algorithms append and enhance data received from the US Census Bureau with USPS data to provide the most accurate location-specific demographics information in the industry. DOTS Demographics Plus covers information on more than 8 million census blocks including 90% of the US Companies can easily determine the ethnic or socio-economic makeup of current or potential customer areas for more informed business decisions. Information provided at the macro level supplies a comprehensive overview of an area while small segment data allows businesses to drill down on specific neighborhoods.
Features and Benefits
- Appends address information with over 60 variables of demographic information (including income, population, weather, employment, crime, household size and education)
- Additional data points unique to this service include average age, income, race and ethnic distribution of specific neighborhoods
- Demographic data for over 8 million census blocks in the U.S.
- Detailed resolution & typical segment includes about 50 individuals
- Best match for data at the block, block-group, ZIP, and city-level resolutions
- Identifies Urban, Suburban and Rural areas
- Appends user-input address with the most accurate, timely and location-specific demographic data available
- Response time approximately 0.7 seconds
- Updated monthly
- Real-time API available
- Locate geographic areas with greatest number of potential customers
- Determine buying characteristics of best customers and leads
- Target internal marketing efforts to increase sales
- Taylor products to adopt to changes in the marketplace
Get started with our most popular sample code downloads. To view all sample code for this product, click here.
- View Developer Guide
- View Service Path (access several samples of SOAP requests and responses)
- View XML WSDL (description of data types, details, interface, location and protocol)
- Try a Sample Batch - Upload Now
This is an example of the sample request URL/HTTP parameters:
We've made it easy for you by presenting our most popular packages. You may change your package settings at any time. If none of these packages meet your needs, or you would like to package multiple services, please contact us for a custom quote.
*A one-time activation fee applies on month-to-month agreements. No activation fee for one-year prepaid agreements. Payment due upon account activation.