DOTS Telephone Verification by Service Objects is a real-time web service API that validates a phone number by sending a confirmation code by voice or text message. This service is ideal for companies that want active verification of a phone number before a transaction is processed. DOTS Telephone Verification allows businesses to authenticate customers by using the existing phone networks to cross-verify that a customers' inputted telephone number is working, and in their possession. DOTS Telephone Verification prevents fraudulent customer sign-ups, as they are hesitant to release their true phone information.
Service Objects offers comprehensive tools to assist in your integration and deployment of DOTS Telephone Verification.
- Developer Guide (Roadmap for integration, operations and input/outputs)
- Service Path (Test operations for this API)
- XML WSDL (Description of data types, details, interface, location and protocol)
- Sample Batch Trial (Upload a sample batch to test)
Download DOTS Telephone Verification Sample Code, and get instant access to code that illustrates how to integrate the API calls in a variety of programming languages.
(View all sample code for this product)
|PHP5||PlaceCall and SendSMS||SOAP||download|
|C#||PlaceCall and SendSMS||SOAP||download|
|Java 1.5 (Apache Tomcat using PlaceCall,SendSMS)||PlaceCall and SendSMS||SOAP||download|
Example of the sample request URL/HTTP parameters:
Phone Validation API Features
- Places a call and recites a verification code or sends a text message containing the code in real-time (message and data rates may apply)
- Supports over 100 concurrent calls with virtually no drop in performance
- US and Canadian phone numbers supported
- Places calls within five seconds and will auto redial up to three times if busy or no answer
- Transactional detail report returns advanced call analytics
- Verifies telephone owner name and address
- Validates a phone number and returns line type (landline, wireless or VoIP)
- Real-time API service
Benefits of Phone Verification
- Helps prevent possible fraudulent transactions at point-of-entry
- Validates customers phone number in real-time
- Eliminate fraudulent orders before you ship and reduce chargebacks
- Reduce administrative costs by eliminating manual verification of orders and online registrations
We've made it easy for you by presenting our most popular packages. You may change your package settings at any time. If none of these packages meet your needs, or you would like to package multiple services, please contact us for a custom quote.
*A one-time activation fee applies on month-to-month agreements. No activation fee for one-year prepaid agreements. Payment due upon account activation.