BECAUSE WE REALLY CARE ABOUT OUR CUSTOMERS
Our top value add is 'Customer Service Above All', so you won't spend your days making excuses for people who don't want to 'deal' with customers. Our customers love our service and our products.
Service Objects has earned a reputation as a leading provider of verification services. Service Objects provides real-time contact validation and demographics information to businesses so they can identify potentially fraudulent transactions, append additional contact information to records making them more complete, and process transactions in a more efficient manner.
Service Objects is currently seeking an in-house Support Technician for our Applications Engineering department. The Applications Engineering department is responsible for internal applications, client integrations, technical support, quality assurance, and deployment of our Web Services. They also act as a liaison between Research and Development, Operations, Sales and Clients.
How will you fit into the team? Being an Applications Support Technician at Service Objects is like no other position. You'll be a full member of the technical staff, working in the same great downtown Santa Barbara office side by side with the research and development team. The engineers you support - and who support you - know how to fix problems once and for all. We are always making updates to our services to make them better and try to deploy them as soon as possible.
Job Duties and Requirements Include:
- Work with prospects, analyzing their data and assisting them in understanding our services and provide possible work flows.
- Assist sales team with client demonstrations and understanding of Service Objects services.
- Manage technical support cases, working with clients to identify and solve issues.
- Ensure content and structure of all process documents are documented and maintained.
- Deploy new products, enhancements and bug fixes to production servers.
- Customer/Prospect Support
- Analyzing/Testing prospect data
- Application/Service Deployment
- Quality Control
- Pays strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Some customer facing experience preferred
- Familiarity with QA processes a plus
- Good technical background a plus
- Familiarity with standard programming languages, web technologies and associated concepts is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The ideal candidate has experience in Technical Support and QA processes, enjoys working with prospects and customers and is open to both learning new things and sharing knowledge. Candidate should be self-motivated, organized and able to work with minimal supervision.
- 16 paid personal days off per year
- 11 paid holidays off per year
- 100% paid health insurance for you and your family, including vision and dental.
- Internet and wireless phone reimbursement. Company provided phone, laptop, and desktop computer.
- Height adjustable desks
- Bike to work incentives
- Company outings
- Work from home options
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Fully stocked office kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Located in downtown Santa Barbara
- Bring your dog to work!
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Service Objects is a profitable technology company, focused on helping our clients make better decisions and reduce waste through data quality excellence. Founded in 2001, Service Objects provides our clients with data services that help them to reduce fraud, improve genuine customer experiences and increase operating efficiency. Service Objects is guided and supported by clear operating principles which focus on customer orientation above all else, high integrity and is a high energy culture. The company is based in downtown Santa Barbara, California.
Service Objects, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree.
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Career Level: Entry- Level, but open to Veteran tech support applicants as well