We are looking for a proven Account Executive who is looking to grow their career in the fast-growing Data as a Service market. Within your first four months we'll provide a foundation of sales skills you can build a career on. Our Account Executives are kick starting their careers in one of the hottest job markets in California – Big Data!
In this role you will drive net new business sourced from inbound marketing initiatives as well as self-sourced opportunities from your own outbound prospecting efforts. You will have full sales cycle responsibility with an emphasis on running effective discovery calls, managing proof of concepts, and generating profitable proposals. You will learn the value of real-time data correction and validation; and evangelize our mission and product value to our prospects. At the core of what we do is a fun and healthy workplace, there is a lot to love here.
The on-target earnings for this position is $110,000+ per year, plus great benefits with uncapped commissions based your individual performance. This is a full-time non-exempt position that includes: a generous base salary, monthly bonus, a generous quarterly bonus for top performers, plus 100% paid medical/dental/vision insurance for you and your dependents and much more.
- Sell our products using a consultative approach with strong relationship building techniques.
- Learn and effectively communicate an in-depth knowledge of our mission, products and key messages.
- Qualify, pursue, move qualified leads through our sales funnel to win new business – Including leads generated from marketing programs.
- Develop, qualify leads, manage and maintain a robust pipeline and document account activity and client information within our CRM.
- Identify, initiate and nurture relationships with prospects; demo via online presentations, and close the deal over the phone and via email.
- Proactively call new leads, have a high level of outbound communication, identify prospects and grow installed base accounts to achieve and exceed revenue targets.
- Effective communication and credibility with prospects and customers at all levels including: software engineers, application owners, and product managers.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of work experience ideally in the B2B marketplace.
- Proven aptitude in managing sales pipeline, history of consistent over-quota achievement of sales goals and maintaining customer loyalty over time.
- Strong knowledge of technology industry products, services, and sales tactics- Including a hunger to learn more about product technologies and evangelizing product values.
- A professional business manner, positive energy and team oriented attitude, maturity to work well under pressure with an ambition to succeed.
- Discipline to manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
This is a full-time, non-exempt position that includes all offered benefits. This role may work in our office in Santa Barbara, CA, or from a remote home office. We welcome you, as you are, to work at Service Objects. We’re removing the barriers and frustrations that too many tech companies inflict on their workers. We support workplace diversity. Learn more about working at Service Objects here.
- A customized cover letter
- Your most recent resume in Word or PDF format
- Your favorite knock-knock joke
How We Hire
Service Objects Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Service Objects reserves the right to conduct background checks on all of its potential employees.