Service Objects is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Research and Development team. You will be a full member of the technical staff, working with knowledgeable engineers who know their stuff. You will research new technologies, build and maintain key applications and services from the design phase to deployment and occasionally liaison with clients. You will have the ability to be creative every day and your ideas and work will help shape the company.
What You'll Do
- Research new technologies and make recommendations when appropriate
- Design and implement rock solid, high throughput applications and services
- Take ownership of services and/or applications from the beginning to end – from design documents and structure to testing and deployment
- Document all processes and ensure content and structure are properly maintained
- Provide expert level support and work with clients to identify future needs and solve issues
- Create maintain and update current web services
- Research and implement data sets
- Develop API’s in varied environments
- Manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities
- Ability to understand complex problems and identify the data sets that relate to the problem.
- Big data experience and strong database skills
- Strong skills in MS SQL Server
- Strong skills in C# or .NET Languages
- Strong skills in standard programming languages, databases, web technologies and associated concepts
- Strong communication skills
- Someone who works well independently and autonomously while also being a good team player
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related work experience
- 5-7 years of experience
Nice to haves
- Front end experience
- Html 5 ; latest version of CSS; jQuery
- Front end web-facing code
- Any front end libraries
- Machine learning concepts
- Experience with NoSQL databases
How to Apply
This is a full-time, exempt position that includes all offered benefits. This role may work in our office in Santa Barbara, CA, or from a remote home office. We welcome you, as you are, to work at Service Objects. We’re removing the barriers and frustrations that too many tech companies inflict on their workers. We support workplace diversity. Learn more about working at Service Objects by clicking here.
- A customized cover letter
- Your most recent resume in Word or PDF format
- Your favorite knock-knock joke
How We Hire
Service Objects Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Service Objects reserves the right to conduct background checks on all of its potential employees.