Human Resources Manager
We love our team, and we want to make sure they love their jobs. As our “Chief of Staff” you will help steward all people practices and foster a culture of engagement and innovation. You will oversee all aspects of Human Resources including hiring, health insurance plan administration, workers' compensation insurance policies and claims, compensation, safety, time and attendance system management.
- Develop and manage the employee handbook and ensure that company-wide practices align with company culture.
- Administer various employee benefits programs such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, disability, and wellness benefits.
- Perform health insurance plan annual renewal, employee enrollment, communication with carrier and employees, and COBRA processing.
- Administration of workers’ compensation claims.
- Partner with the business on all aspects of the candidate and new hire experience to ensure a smooth and efficient on-boarding process.
- Manage the administration of compensation for all staff, including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions related to employees.
- Work with third party vendors to ensure all compliance trainings, including harassment and security training, are completed in adherence with regulatory requirements.
- 2+ years of experience in human resource management role in a professional setting
- Knowledge of current Federal and State employment and labor laws
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word & Excel
- Benefits plan management experience
- Team player, helpful enthusiastic attitude and positive approach to your work
You’re a Fit If
- You value excellence and continuous improvement.
- You understand that every HR issue is an expression of the SO culture.
- Other people consider you a stellar communicator.
- You love making people happy.
- People thank you when you deliver difficult news. You’re that good.
Frequently Asked Questions
SO what makes Service Objects’ benefits unique?
For starters, we’ll set you and your family up with no cost great health care. Seriously, you won’t pay a dime for you or your family’s insurance – it’s by far the best health plan you’ll find out there. Yup, you read that right. We pay 100% coverage for medical, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family.
Our paid leave gives you 16 days off per year, 10 paid holidays, and up to 4 weeks fully paid parental leave.
You’ll work in a modern, sunny, dog-friendly workplace that was carefully and thoughtfully designed to encourage both collaborative work and give you a private office to focus. In addition to adjustable desks and classic Aeron chairs, you’ll have dozens of places to breakout to within the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. We’ll also pay for your parking (but you may prefer to ride your bike) if you need it and provide any equipment you need to be successful (like big dual monitors) from Day 1.