IT Support Technician
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the computer desktop environment and aspects of Service Objects' network infrastructure. Essential duties of the role include analyzing customer issues involving common computer hardware and software issues. Additional functions involve troubleshooting office peripheral devices, such as printers, dashboards, IP phones, and anything else with a plug.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software settings, perform upgrades, etc. for the local workstations.
- Documentation of internal procedures.
- New-hire orientation to company computer equipment and applications.
- Install, configure and maintain personal computers, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers and related equipment.
- Develops and conducts various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Associate degree in Computer Sciences/Information Systems.
- 2+ years experience performing help desk and network administration in a corporate environment.
- Active Directory.
- Linux/Unix experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Adtran, or pfSense experience preferred but not required.
Other skills we consider gravy:
Atserisk, Ubuntu/Debian, CentOS, FreeBSD, Snort, Suricata, mySQL/MariaDB, MS-SQL, IIS, Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
SO what makes Service Objects’ benefits unique?
For starters, we’ll set you and your family up with no cost, great health care. Seriously, you won’t pay a dime for you or your family’s insurance premiums– it’s by far the best health plan you’ll find out there. Yup, you read that right. We pay 100% coverage for medical, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family. Our paid leave gives you 16 days off per year, 10 paid holidays, and up to 4 weeks fully paid parental leave.
You’ll work in a modern, sunny, dog-friendly workplace that was carefully and thoughtfully designed to encourage both collaborative work and give you a private office to focus. In addition to adjustable desks and classic Aeron chairs, you’ll have dozens of places to breakout to within the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. We’ll also pay for your parking (but you may prefer to ride your bike) if you need it, and provide any equipment you need to be successful (like big dual monitors) from Day 1.