Jr. Systems Administrator / IT Jedi
Not just a “help desk job”. This position will require some help desk type duties and you will be exposed some of the coolest and best tools, utilities and services available. You want to learn something cool? We want you to also!
Make a difference by finding elegant solutions to hard technical problems. Duties of this role include analyzing common (and sometimes not so common) computer hardware and software issues, troubleshooting office peripheral devices, such as printers, dashboards, IP phones, and anything else with a plug or antennae.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software settings, perform upgrades, etc. for workstations, servers and virtual machines.
- Elegantly solve complex issues.
- Documentation of internal procedures.
- New-hire orientation to company computer equipment and applications.
- Install, configure and maintain workstations, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems.
- Maintain network security, including file permissions, file system integrity, and managing user accounts.
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Build and maintain internal tools and dashboards which range from simple server-rendered pages to complex in-depth monitors.
- Learn new skills and share your knowledge.
- Associates degree in Computer Sciences/Information Systems. OR
- 2+ years’ experience performing help desk and network administration in a corporate environment.
- Active Directory exposure.
- Some Linux/Unix experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability and desire to learn and support new systems and applications.
Other skills we consider gravy:
Asterisk, Ubuntu, CentOS, FreeBSD, Snort, Suricata, mySQL, MS-SQL, IIS, Zabbix, Nagios, pfSense, Adtran, Cisco
Frequently Asked Questions
SO what makes Service Objects’ benefits unique?
- We have a very tight knit, super friendly, dog loving, happy and healthy culture.
- We pay for your continuing education. What? Yes. We want our employees to be continual learners. You go to school and learn something, get good grades and we reimburse you.
- Our paid leave gives you 16 days off per year, 10 paid holidays, and up to 4 weeks fully paid parental leave.
- Full Health, Vision and Dental Insurance for you and your dependents. You read that right. We cover 100% full insurance for you and your dependents.
- Paid parking.
- Provide any equipment you need to be successful (like big dual monitors) from Day 1.
- Duties – you won’t get bored. You will make a difference in the way our business operates, by improving the way things are done.
- Flexible Schedule – work out the perfect schedule for you and your department.