Junior Application Engineer
Service Objects is currently seeking an in-house engineer for our Applications Engineering department. The Application Engineering department is responsible for technical support, client integrations, quality assurance, and deployment of our Web Services. They also act as a liaison between R&D, Operations, Marketing, Sales department and our clients
How will you fit into the team?
Being an Application Engineer at Service Objects is like no other support position. You'll be a full member of the technical staff, working in the same great downtown Santa Barbara office side by side with the research and development team. The engineers you support – and who support you – know how to fix problems once and for all. We fix our glitches right away and try to deploy them as soon as possible. So, you won't spend your days making excuses for an engineering team that only wants to do the exciting parts of development.
Being part of the Application Engineering team here is different
Why? Because we really care about our customers. In fact, our top core value is 'Customer Service Above All', so you won't spend you spend your days making excuses for people who don't want to 'deal' with customers. Our customers love our service and our product.
The position has a heavy emphasis on the testing of our current services and troubleshooting support issues. The role will also analyze data and helping with service deployments.
- Assist R&D testing new services and updates. Test existing services and help test internal tools and processes.
- Work with support and sales to help with client and prospect related service questions.
- Create test datasets for R&D, Applications and Sales.
- Run batches and lists against our data validation services and analyze the results.
- Assist Support in troubleshooting technical issues and provide feedback to Engineering.
- Assist in performing monthly data updates.
- Help perform service deployments.
- Help with documentation, including processes, support issues and wiki organization.
What you need for this position
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with internet technologies and some of the associated terminology.
- Familiarity with QA/Tech Support processes a plus.
- Database/SQL familiarity a plus.
- Familiarity with programming/scripting languages a plus but not a requirement.
- Positive Attitude – you do what it takes to successfully accomplish goals.
- Bachelor's Degree a plus.