Marketing Content Manager
Are you looking to make your mark?
Service Objects is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated Marketing Content Manager to join our awesome team in beautiful downtown Santa Barbara.
As the Marketing Content Manager, you will have experience in managing, writing and editing content for websites and blogs. You will also understand the important role that content plays in attracting potential leads to our site and positioning us as industry experts. You will help develop and oversee our content strategy and help build Service Objects into a nationally recognized brand in our industry.
In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading content, you will work with our technical team to maintain site standards with regards to new development. You will also work closely with the Director of Marketing and members of our technical, business development, and sales departments, so strong communication skills are needed. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing online marketing and outreach campaigns and have a thorough understanding of the role Search Engine Optimization plays in our content strategy.
- Oversee copy and content strategy
- Create, edit and manage content for Service Objects’ web and blog presence
- Ensure all content adheres to SEO best practices
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Working with a cross-departmental team, maintain and develop the master content calendar for all Service Objects’ web properties
- Track and report on key site metrics
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors
- Provide creative support for all departments
- Develop and manage content distribution strategy to online channels and social media platforms
- Stay up-to-date with trends in our industry and generate new ideas to increase the audience reach
- Be the central point of contact for all blog contributors and ensure deadlines are met
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with popular content management systems (Joomla, WordPress, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- General knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- 5+ years experience managing content and production for high traffic websites
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or a related field
- You want to be part of a GREAT TEAM and work with AWESOME PEOPLE!
Frequently Asked Questions
SO what makes Service Objects’ benefits unique?
For starters, we’ll set you and your family up with no cost, great health care. Seriously, you won’t pay a dime for you or your family’s insurance premiums– it’s by far the best health plan you’ll find out there. Yup, you read that right. We pay 100% coverage for medical, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family. Our paid leave gives you 16 days off per year, 10 paid holidays, and up to 4 weeks fully paid parental leave.
You’ll work in a modern, sunny, dog-friendly workplace that was carefully and thoughtfully designed to encourage both collaborative work and give you a private office to focus. In addition to adjustable desks and classic Aeron chairs, you’ll have dozens of places to breakout to within the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. We’ll also pay for your parking (but you may prefer to ride your bike) if you need it, and provide any equipment you need to be successful (like big dual monitors) from Day 1.