Production Support Engineer
Service Objects is currently seeking an in-house engineer for our Applications Engineering department. The Application Engineering department is responsible for technical support, client integrations, quality assurance, and deployment of our Web Services. They also act as a liaison between R&D, Operations, Marketing, Sales department and our clients.
How will you fit into the team?
Being a production support engineer at Service Objects is like no other support position. You'll be a full member of the technical staff, working in the same great downtown Santa Barbara office side by side with the research and development team. The engineers you support – and who support you – know how to fix problems once and for all. We fix our glitches right away and try to deploy them as soon as possible. So, you won't spend your days making excuses for an engineering team that only wants to do the exciting parts of development.
Being part of the Application Engineering team here is different
Why? Because we really care about our customers. In fact, our top core value is 'Customer Service Above All', so you won't spend you spend your days making excuses for people who don't want to 'deal' with customers. Our customers love our service and our product.
The production support engineer will configure, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot our services.This individual must work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. This person must also network with key contacts outside their own area of expertise for issue identification and resolution.
- Help test and stabilize new and existing services from R&D into production.
- ID root causes of technical issues in production and provide feedback to R&D and Engineering.
- Develop tests to verify datasets and analyze results. Perform monthly data updates.
- Evaluate client applications and configurations. Support troubleshooting client issues with high level data-analysis.
- Advanced troubleshooting of issues that clients experience from beginning of issue through to completion and resolution.
- Maintain interaction within entire organization and third-party entities. Engage in internal issues review and client calls.
- Document processes, support issues and organize documentation on wiki.
What you need for this position
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with internet technologies and some of the associated terminology.
- Familiarity with QA/Tech Support processes a plus.
- Database/SQL familiarity a plus.
- Familiarity with programming/scripting languages a plus but not a requirement.
- Positive Attitude – you do what it takes to successfully accomplish goals.
- Bachelor's Degree a plus.
- 2+ year’s experience.
SO what makes Service Objects’ benefits unique?
For starters, we’ll set you and your family up with no cost great health care. Seriously, you won’t pay a dime for you or your family’s insurance – it’s by far the best health plan you’ll find out there. Yup, you read that right. We pay 100% coverage for medical, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family.
Our paid leave gives you 16 days off per year, 10 paid holidays, and up to 4 weeks fully paid parental leave.
You’ll work in a modern, sunny, dog-friendly workplace that was carefully and thoughtfully designed to encourage both collaborative work and give you a private office to focus. In addition to adjustable desks and classic Aeron chairs, you’ll have dozens of places to breakout to within the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. We’ll also pay for your parking (but you may prefer to ride your bike) if your need it, and provide any equipment you need to be successful (like big dual monitors) from Day 1.