DOTS FastTax for Drupal Ubercart is a plugin that automatically calculates sales and usage tax during the Drupal Cart checkout process.
How to use:
- Extract the example file to your desktop or desired location.
- Install to your drupal site. To get to the administration section, go to Admin => Store => Settings (url: admin/store/settings). From there, you can go to the configuration page for the ServiceObjects.com module.
- At the very top, you will be asked to enter your License Key, if you dont have any, go get your key.
- There will be an expandable section for shipping taxes that displays a table of checkboxes, with one per US state/territory. By default, none of the states are configured as states that tax shipping
- There will be a section for 'Sales Tax' where you can mark a checkbox next to each product type to which you want to apply sales tax. Right below each checkbox will be an expandable table of checkboxes that allow you to decide the states/territories in which the product tax will be applied. By default, all of the states are selected.
- Lastly, there will be a section that allows you to configure a 'Use Tax', per product, per state, in the same way you configure them for the sales tax.