DOTS Address Geocode - USSM by Service Objects is a real-time web service API that enables companies to translate a street address to its exact latitude/longitude coordinates. DOTS Address Geocode - US validates addresses against our extensive master database as well as the United States Census Bureau, TIGER®/Line (Topologically Integrated Graphic Encoding and Referencing) file, USPS® ZIP+4 tables and other proprietary databases. Service Objects has a 99.8% match rate accuracy with cascading geocoding logic to ensure highest quality results.
Features and Benefits
- Translates street address to exact latitude/longitude coordinates with property-level match rate accuracy up to 99.8%
- Cascading geocoding logic will attempt to append latitude/longitude values at the property-level first, and if not found, the service cascades to the next best match-level; ZIP+4, ZIP+3, ZIP+2, ZIP+1, ZIP or city centroid. Cascading geocoding maximizes match rate and accuracy to provide the industry's highest quality geocoding system.
- Appends latitude/longitude coordinates with latest census tract, county codes (FIPS) and block codes
- Reverse geocoding returns an address when provided with latitude/longitude coordinates
- Provides the estimated number of miles, kilometers and feet between two sets of coordinates.
- Estimates distance to water using either an address or latitude/longitude coordinates
- Returns the latitude/longitude coordinates of a city centroid when a city and state are provided.
- Returns the latitude/longitude coordinates of any city in the world; multiple matches can be filtered by country or region
- Updated monthly
- Real-time API or batch service available
- Use address geocoding to map your customer locations and identify hot spots
- Accurately assign county, block and tract codes to addresses to maintain FFIEC compliance
- Enable location intelligence to save time and money and enhance location based decision-making
Get started with our most popular sample code downloads. To view all sample code for this product, click here.
- View Developer Guide
- View Service Path (access several samples of SOAP requests and responses)
- View XML WSDL (description of data types, details, interface, location and protocol)
- Try a Sample Batch - Upload Now
This is an example of the sample request URL/HTTP parameters:
We've made it easy for you by presenting our most popular packages. You may change your package settings at any time. If none of these packages meet your needs, or you would like to package multiple services, please contact us for a custom quote.
*A one-time activation fee applies on month-to-month agreements. No activation fee for one-year prepaid agreements. Payment due upon account activation.