According to client's feedback, mismatches between customers' IP location and their home address is the leading indicator of online fraud. For example, if a customer is determined to be in Croatia, and the customer inputs a California home address, this probably indicates fraud. DOTS IP Address ValidationSM by Service Objects is a real-time web service API that identifies the location of an IP address from any location in the world. Global coverage includes Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America. By utilizing this service, companies can cross-reference the location of a website visitor's IP address against other data points, including billing and shipping addresses, to prevent possible fraudulent transactions.
Service Objects offers comprehensive tools to assist in your integration and deployment of DOTS IP Address Validation.
- Developer Guide (Roadmap for integration, operations and input/outputs)
- Service Path (Test operations for this API)
- XML WSDL (Description of data types, details, interface, location and protocol)
- Sample Batch Trial (Upload a sample batch to test)
Download DOTS IP Address Validation Sample Code, and get instant access to code that illustrates how to integrate the API calls in a variety of programming languages.
(View all sample code for this product)
Example of the sample request URL/HTTP parameters:
IP Address Validation Features
- Response time as fast as 0.15 seconds
- Calculates the IP location based on triangulation of data sources (over four billion IP addresses)
- 99.8% country-level accuracy and 98% state-level accuracy in the US
- Tracks and updates over 10 million subnets daily
- Identifies IP addresses coming from proxy servers, including Tor network, and reveals type (none, private, public, anonymous or satellite)
- Identifies Internet Service Provider (ISP) and IP address block-owner information (companies and organizations)
- Flags IP addresses from mobile devices
- Provides a certainty score for every result
- Updated daily
- Real-time API or batch service available
Benefits of IP ValidationOur IP validation API is an important tool in the fight against online fraud. Using reverse IP lookup, this API instantly identifies location mismatches and open proxies, protecting your company from suspicious activities. If an IP address geolocation doesn't match the customer's entered address, the transaction could be fraudulent. By using IP validation and receiving real-time results, you can evaluate risks based on the customer's actual location. IP verification can be used at the point of application or registration to provide you with real-time fraud prevention. Wouldn't you want an immediate heads-up when someone attempts to hide their true location or identity? IP address geolocation alerts you immediately, allowing you to abort a transaction before harm can be done.
We've made it easy for you by presenting our most popular packages. You may change your package settings at any time. If none of these packages meet your needs, or you would like to package multiple services, please contact us for a custom quote.
*A one-time activation fee applies on month-to-month agreements. No activation fee for one-year prepaid agreements. Payment due upon account activation.