According to client's feedback, mismatches between customers' IP location and their home address is the leading indicator of online fraud. For example, if a customer is determined to be in Croatia, and the customer inputs a California home address, this probably indicates fraud. DOTS IP Address ValidationSM by Service Objects is a real-time web service API that identifies the location of an IP address from any location in the world. Global coverage includes Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America. By utilizing this service, companies can cross-reference the location of a website visitor's IP address against other data points, including billing and shipping addresses, to prevent possible fraudulent transactions.
Features and Benefits
- Calculates the IP location based on triangulation of data sources (over four billion IP addresses)
- 99.8% country-level accuracy and 98% state-level accuracy in the US
- Tracks and updates over 10 million subnets daily
- Identifies IP addresses coming from proxy servers, including Tor network, and reveals type (none, private, public, anonymous or satellite)
- Identifies Internet Service Provider (ISP) and IP address block-owner information (companies and organizations)
- Flags IP addresses from mobile devices
- Provides a certainty score for every result
- Updated daily
- Real-time API or batch service available
- Identify location-mismatches and open proxies in real-time to protect your company from suspicious activity
- Evaluate transaction risk and prospects potential based on your customers' true location
- Use IP location information to provide strong protection at the point of application or registration and prevent fraud in real-time
Get started with our most popular sample code downloads. To view all sample code for this product, click here.
- View Developer Guide
- View Service Path (access several samples of SOAP requests and responses)
- View XML WSDL (description of data types, details, interface, location and protocol)
- Try a Sample Batch - Upload Now
This is an example of the sample request URL/HTTP parameters:
We've made it easy for you by presenting our most popular packages. You may change your package settings at any time. If none of these packages meet your needs, or you would like to package multiple services, please contact us for a custom quote.
*A one-time activation fee applies on month-to-month agreements. No activation fee for one-year prepaid agreements. Payment due upon account activation.