DOTS Name Validation 2SM by Service Objects is a real-time web service API that validates and parses names. This web service parses names into individual data fields, fixes the order of names, and returns the gender associated with the first name. Extensive tests are performed against Service Objects proprietary database of over one million names for highly accurate results. Possible fraudulent names are flagged and an overall score is returned so that companies can review the integrity of the data before it is entered into their systems.
Service Objects offers comprehensive tools to assist in your integration and deployment of DOTS Name Validation 2.
- Developer Guide (Roadmap for integration, operations and input/outputs)
- Service Path (Test operations for this API)
- XML WSDL (Description of data types, details, interface, location and protocol)
- Sample Batch Trial (Upload a sample batch to test)
Download DOTS Name Validation 2 Sample Code, and get instant access to code that illustrates how to integrate the API calls in a variety of programming languages.
(View all sample code for this product)
Example of the sample request URL/HTTP parameters:
Name Validation API Features
- Supports REST, SOAP, GET and POST requests over HTTP/S outputting in XML or JSON formats
- Validates and parses names in real-time
- Database contains more than 80,000 first names and 450,000 last names
- Parses compounded names such as "Mr. and Mrs. Michael and Susan Wilson III"
- Provides first name origin
- Identifies possible nicknames and related names
- Detects garbage name inputs
- Identifies bogus and celebrity names such as Mickey Mouse or Homer Simpson
- Detects dictionary words and phrases such as White House
- Flags vulgar words
- Provides certainty score for every result
- Response time as fast as 0.5 seconds
- Real-time API or batch service available
Benefits of Real-Time Name VerificationOur contact verification API is a real-time name validation tool that parses contact information entered into a field, splits a full name into its parts (i.e., suffix, first name, middle initial, and last name), and determines if the name is valid or bogus. For example, with name verification, you can instantly weed out legitimate contacts from bogus ones such as Mickey Mouse, Lady Gaga, and Homer Simpson. This name verification tool compares entries to a massive database contain millions of individual and actual name pairs. Name verification is commonly used to identify fraudulent names at the point-of-entry and to customize sales and marketing campaigns with personal salutations. Organizations also use name verification to determine gender and reduce waste associated with bogus names. Make sure that your contact records contain correct names by using DOTS Name Validation 2 to verify accuracy.
We've made it easy for you by presenting our most popular packages. You may change your package settings at any time. If none of these packages meet your needs, or you would like to package multiple services, please contact us for a custom quote.
*A one-time activation fee applies on month-to-month agreements. No activation fee for one-year prepaid agreements. Payment due upon account activation.