DOTS Name Validation 2SM by Service Objects is a real-time web service API that validates and parses names. This web service parses names into individual data fields, fixes the order of names, and returns the gender associated with the first name. Extensive tests are performed against Service Objects proprietary database of over one million names for highly accurate results. Possible fraudulent names are flagged and an overall score is returned so that companies can review the integrity of the data before it is entered into their systems.
Features and Benefits
- Validates and parses names in real-time
- Database contains more than 80,000 first names and 450,000 last names
- Parses compounded names such as "Mr. and Mrs. Michael and Susan Wilson III"
- Provides first name origin
- Identifies possible nicknames and related names
- Detects garbage name inputs
- Identifies bogus and celebrity names such as Mickey Mouse or Homer Simpson
- Detects dictionary words and phrases such as White House
- Flags vulgar words
- Provides certainty score for every result
- Response time approximately 0.5 seconds
- Real-time API or batch service available
- Supports REST, SOAP, GET and POST requests over HTTP/S outputting in XML or JSON formats
- Name validation is about making sure that the names in your contact records are correct. With a database of over one million individual names and actual name pairs, DOTS Name Validation 2 not only verifies if the name is accurate, but if the name is suspicious (like Homer Simpson) and which parts of the name raise flags. Additionally, your name data is enriched with gender information and alternate spelling regional information about a particular name.
- Reduce waste due to fraudulent names by verifying the syntactic and semantic validity of your names
- Enhance sales and marketing efforts by creating customized salutations and promotional materials
- Identify fraudulent names at the point-of-entry to protect your company from suspicious activity
Get started with our most popular sample code downloads. To view all sample code for this product, click here.
- View Developer Guide
- View Service Path (access several samples of SOAP requests and responses)
- View XML WSDL (description of data types, details, interface, location and protocol)
- Try a Sample Batch - Upload Now
This is an example of the sample request URL/HTTP parameters:
We've made it easy for you by presenting our most popular packages. You may change your package settings at any time. If none of these packages meet your needs, or you would like to package multiple services, please contact us for a custom quote.
*A one-time activation fee applies on month-to-month agreements. No activation fee for one-year prepaid agreements. Payment due upon account activation.