DOTS Phone ExchangeSM by Service Objects is a real-time web service API that validates the first seven digits of a telephone number and returns the carrier name, city, state, line type, latitude and longitude associated with that exchange. Service Objects proprietary database contains 2,300 telecom carriers from US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Service Objects offers comprehensive tools to assist in your integration and deployment of our contact validation APIs.
- Developer Guide (Roadmap for integration, operations and input/outputs)
- Service Path (Test operations for this API)
- XML WSDL (Description of data types, details, interface, location and protocol)
- Sample Batch Trial (Upload a sample batch to test)
Download DOTS Phone Exchange Sample Code, and get instant access to code that illustrates how to integrate the API calls in a variety of programming languages.
(View all sample code for this product)
|Java 1.5 Apache Tomcat||GetExchangeInfo_V2||SOAP||download|
Example of the sample request URL/HTTP parameters:
Features of Phone Exchange
- Database contains information on over 1,761,000 working phone exchange blocks from 2,300 US and Canadian telecom providers
- Provides carrier information for any telephone number combination in the North American Numbering Plan
- Removes extraneous characters commonly found within found telephone numbers
- Returns service provider information (carrier, city, state, line type, latitude and longitude)
- Resolves phone numbers to NAA/NXX+ (1,000-number) blocks
- Append data on the phone number, distinguishing between landline, wireless numbers, or Voice Over IP (VOIP)
- Processes multiple numbers at the same time
- Response time approximately 0.3 seconds
- Updated monthly
- Real-time API or batch service available
Phone Exchange Benefits
- Validates telephone numbers at the point-of-entry
- Provides carrier information for better customer insight
- Eliminates invalid phone numbers from being added to customer databases
- Improves compliance with federal telemarketing sales rules regarding calls to wireless devices
We've made it easy for you by presenting our most popular packages. You may change your package settings at any time. If none of these packages meet your needs, or you would like to package multiple services, please contact us for a custom quote.
*A one-time activation fee applies on month-to-month agreements. No activation fee for one-year prepaid agreements. Payment due upon account activation.