Cloud Based Microsoft Dynamics Integration
For cloud-based Microsoft Dynamics instances, a custom connector can be created using their Power Automate tools. The available Microsoft Dynamics’ tools allow you to easily integrate our web services into your CRM. By leveraging the custom connector, you gain the following:
- A complete solution can be written with limited programming knowledge and used throughout your system
- HTTPS requests can be made over the GET protocol for secure data transmission
- The CRM’s tooling will automatically generate the response fields. These response fields can be leveraged in your workflow
Below are the steps you should take to create a custom connector. The sample integration uses the DOTS Address Insight web service, but the process is similar across our different product offerings.
Creating a custom connector
- Log into your Microsoft Dynamics account and navigate to the Power Automate Section
- Select the Data drop down menu and click on Custom connectors
- Create from blank
- Give your custom connector a name
- In the General Information panel select “Upload connector icon” and choose an image for your connector
- A description isn’t necessary, but it can help explain the purpose of the connector
- Select the HTTPS radio button under the Scheme header
- The host will vary depending on your environment and desired web service.
- The base URL will vary depending on the desired web service (Service Objects can provide you with the proper URL to use upon request)
- In the Security panel there are no settings to change
- In the Definition panel provide a unique Operation ID
- Under the Request – Verb header choose GET
- The URL for the request will depend on the web service and desired operation (Service Objects can provide you with the proper URL to use upon request)
- The Example Workflow demonstrates a potential integration you could work into your system. In the example the flow will trigger when a new record is created. The fields will be automatically pulled from the new record and run through the Service Objects web service. From there conditional logic can be added to handle the response object and apply your particular business logic to the workflow.