The Sample Code is Giving Strange Errors or is Crashing!
Most likely, the sample code cannot connect to Service Objects…
Many environments will not allow you to connect out on port 80, or will clip out XML data from these requests/responses. The easiest way to check for this is to open a browser on the machine running the sample code. In your browser, navigate to:
Then try to run one of the operations with your trial key. If you get a browser error, or get no data back, then the sample code isn’t able to connect either. Contact your systems administrator to resolve why you are not able to connect to Service Objects.
I need to know exactly how long each of the output fields could be. What is your standard field length?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll send you the exact field length specifications…
As a general rule, you won’t get a field longer than 80 characters.
I am not a programmer. How do I use DOTS Address Insight?
Service Objects runs batches for you…
A free batch trial is available at https://www.serviceobjects.com/upload-center/.
- Delivery Point Validation Explained
- CASS and DPV: A Higher Standard for Address Accuracy
- Enhance Customer Profiles With DOTS Address Insight – US
- Compliance and Address Insight
- Mailing Address vs Physical Address: What’s the Difference?
- Using Geocoding for Target Marketing
- Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude: Understanding Geocoding
- How to Identify Incorporated and Unincorporated Places in the United States